A CRM system is a program for automating and controlling a company’s interactions with customers. It stores and organizes information about orders and customers, helps to optimize marketing, sales and service quality.
Customer Relationship Management is an approach in which business is built around the customer and his needs.
It is mistakenly thought that CRM is a customer database. But the system supports many functions besides information storage: planning and task control, sales automation and analysis, launch of marketing activities.
Mistakenly think that CRM is a customer database. But the system supports many functions besides information storage: planning and task control, sales automation and analysis, launch of marketing activities.
CRM-program differs from BPM (Business Process Management System). BPMS plans, models and controls all business processes including development strategy, production, financial management and accounting. CRM is built around sales and interaction with customers.
Why CRM system is needed
- A CRM system solves sales, management, marketing and financial management tasks:
- Stores and structures data about suppliers and customers in a single database, including information about orders, solvency, history of interaction with the company, the status of the current transaction.
- Gives employees different levels of access and protects data from theft.
- Helps develop service standards. Managers who act according to regulations process requests quickly, while newcomers get up to speed more quickly.
- Captures all incoming requests and automatically distributes them to managers. Customers do not get lost, everyone gets a personal offer.
- Allows you to evaluate the effectiveness of the sales department and each manager individually. CRM-program collects data on all actions of employees: the number of calls and meetings, time spent on request, completed and overdue tasks. KPI reports help to quickly identify inefficient and weak managers.
- Automates business processes. Reduces time spent on repetitive activities such as sorting and registering incoming requests, billing, and internal paperwork.
- Helps to optimize the marketing mix: segment customers, create customized offers, evaluate the results of advertising campaigns, analyze and forecast demand and customer needs.
- Analyzes the effectiveness of sales and marketing by key indicators, including helping to calculate the cost of attracting a customer, return on investment, profitability, and average check. Identifies problem stages of the sales funnel.
- Tracks financial flows, makes it possible to forecast revenues, control payments of bills and debts.
So, CRM-system facilitates the work of employees, controls the efficiency of sales, internal processes and marketing. Competent implementation of CRM leads to an increase in sales and customer loyalty.